CONWAY, AR — The University of Central Arkansas Center for Community and Economic Development (CCED) is pleased to announce the certification of 15 community leaders as Professional Community and Economic Developers (PCEDs). These leaders are graduates of UCA’s Community Development Institute (CDI) program who applied for and passed the PCED exam to become credentialed.
The PCED certification is governed by the Community Development Council, Inc. (CDC), the national organizing body of Community Development Institutes. Graduates of CDI must obtain points based on their education, experience, and achievements in their communities/organizations, as well as pass a rigorous exam, in order to receive the PCED designation. Individuals credentialed with their PCED are recognized as industry experts in the field of community and economic development.
“Each of these 15 outstanding leaders are actively contributing to the economic vitality and uplifting the quality of life in their communities and organizations,” said Director of the Center for Community and Economic Development Shelby Fiegel. “The PCED designation is earned through education, experience, and commitment. We are excited to add them to the network of PCEDs across Arkansas and the nation.”
Fourteen of the leaders hail from Arkansas and one from Missouri. The following community leaders are designated as new PCED holders:
- Kristen Dane, Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage, and Tourism
- Dr. Chett Daniel, Crowder College
- Russ Garner, Communities Unlimited
- Ginger Harper, Heber Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Bethany Hildebrand, Stuttgart Chamber of Commerce
- Danielle Housenick, Main Street Russellville
- Brittany Lutz, Arkansas Economic Development Commission
- Amanda McBride, Choctaw County Partnership
- Julia Dossett Morgan, Winthrop Rockefeller Institute
- Anna Powell, Hempstead County Economic Development Corporation
- Danielle Pugsley, Mountain Home Area Chamber of Commerce
- Kaitlyn Rigdon, El Dorado-Union County Chamber of Commerce
- Cody Schindler, City of Alma
- Isaac Sims, Crafton Tull
- Chris Treat, City of Bryant
For more information about CDI, the PCED and how to become certified, please visit https://uca.edu/cdi/pced/.
Latest news in Conway and for Conway Scene.