For the fourth year, City Church will host Freedom Fest for the city of Conway. The first two years the event was held in Laurel Park. Last year, the event was moved to Beaverfork Lake where it will be held again this year.
The event is free beginning at 5 pm and ends around 9:30 when the fireworks are finished. The fireworks show is expected to last 15-20 minutes.
The event includes a variety of things for attendees such as:
- Park Playground for kids
- 11 of Central Arkansas’ favorite food trucks (see below)
- Several Conway musicians (see below)
- Sandpit Volleyball
- Free Frozen Custard from Andy’s
Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets for a family a picnic and watch the fireworks show.
Additionally, water stations will include $1 bottled water across the park. Pets with leashes are invited while following the city of Conway’s guidelines. Attendance to the event and parking are free.
According to event organizers Ragan Huse and Lane Long, last year the event drew about 6,000 attendees. This year, the event expects between 6,000-8,000 attendees.
Several Conway musicians are slated to perform starting at 5:15 with Brad Byrd.
- 5:15- Brad Byrd
- 6:00- Townsend and Josh Stewart
- 6:30- Palmer Music Performance-Intro by Preston Palmer
- 6:45- Fret Monkey Records
- 7:30- Palmer Music Performance-Intro by Preston Palmer
- 7:45- Tyler Sellers
- 8:40- National Anthem-Andrew Washington
- Bragg’s Big Bites (Little Rock)
- Say Cheese (Austin, AR)
- Kona Ice (Conway)
- Andy’s Frozen Custard (thousands of free cups of ice cream)
- Road Hog BBQ (Morrilton)
- Little Penguin Tacos (Caddo Valley, AR)
- Crawfish Cares (Conway)
- Nate’s Hot Dogs (Conway)
- Wok ‘n Roll (Russellville)
- El Buen Gusto (Benton)
- Jefferson’s Mobile Grilling (Little Rock)
- Blue Sail Coffee (Conway)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. You can bring your dogs, but please follow the city of Conway guidelines and bring a leash.
2. Parking is free.
3. The boat ramp at Beaverfork Lake will be closed for the duration of the event.
4. We recommend you bring a lawn chair or comfy blanket for the firework show.
5. The firework show will start roughly around 8:40 pm.
6. No alcohol will be permitted at the event.
Beaverfork Park Lake is located at 20 Kinley Drive, Conway, AR 72032.
Freedom Fest, Conway’s premier firework show and music festival, brings the community of Conway together annually to celebrate around the Fourth of July holiday. — Freedom Fest
Todd is a copywriter, content strategist, digital marketer and the Publisher for Conway Scene. He enjoys coffee from the local coffee shops, learning the stories of new friends, pro wrestling, and dirt track racing.