- This event has passed.
AR Asset Builders Tax Prep
March 23 @ 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until April 13, 2022
Need help filing your taxes? Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) services are provided by Arkansas Asset Builders’ IRS-certified volunteers. Call 501-503-2123 to make an appointment.
VITA’s services are available to qualifying individuals and families whose annual income is less than $55,000, households with disabilities, or limited-English speaking households. Services are available in English or Spanish by appointment or walk-in; call (501) 503-2123. For more info and program requirements, see http://arkansasassetbuilders.org/VITA. Starting January 29th through April 16th you can get assistance with your taxes on Saturdays 9am to 2pm and Wednesdays 1pm to 7pm.
Clients must provide the following items in order for your taxes to be completed. Taxpayer (and spouse) must both be present at intake or upload acceptable proof of identification.
- Photo ID for taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security cards (or ITIN letters) and birth dates for everyone on your tax return
- Checking, savings, or prepaid card account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- A copy of your 2019 and 2020 federal tax returns, especially if your income was reduced in 2021 because of lost work/unemployment
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC) from all income sources
- Form 1099-G for any unemployment compensation received
- Documentation of any economic impact payments (EIP #3) received, such as Notice 1444-C, bank statements, or IRS account transcript
- Documentation of any advanced Child Tax Credit received, such as Letter 6419, printout from the Child Tax Credit Portal, or your own records (such as this fillable PDF!)
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax ID number
- Interest, dividend, or sales transaction statements from banks or investments (Form 1099-INT, Form 1099-DIV, Form 1099-B)
- Information about any other income or expenses to be included in your tax return, such as self-employment or higher education
- Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, if you purchased insurance through HealthCare.gov
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state for prior year returns, if applicable