- This event has passed.
AR Asset Builders Tax Prep
March 26 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until April 9, 2022
Need help filing your taxes? Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) services are provided by Arkansas Asset Builders’ IRS-certified volunteers. Call 501-503-2123 to make an appointment.
Meeting Room 1
VITA’s services are available to qualifying individuals and families whose annual income is less than $55,000, households with disabilities, or limited-English speaking households. Services are available in English or Spanish by appointment or walk-in; call (501) 503-2123. For more info and program requirements, see http://arkansasassetbuilders.org/VITA. Starting January 29th through April 16th you can get assistance with your taxes on Saturdays 9am to 2 pm and Wednesdays 1 pm to 7 pm.
Clients must provide the following items in order for your taxes to be completed. Taxpayer (and spouse) must both be present at intake or upload acceptable proof of identification.
- Photo ID for taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security cards (or ITIN letters) and birth dates for everyone on your tax return
- Checking, savings, or prepaid card account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- A copy of your 2019 and 2020 federal tax returns, especially if your income was reduced in 2021 because of lost work/unemployment
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC) from all income sources
- Form 1099-G for any unemployment compensation received
- Documentation of any economic impact payments (EIP #3) received, such as Notice 1444-C, bank statements, or IRS account transcript
- Documentation of any advanced Child Tax Credit received, such as Letter 6419, printout from the Child Tax Credit Portal, or your own records (such as this fillable PDF!)
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax ID number
- Interest, dividend, or sales transaction statements from banks or investments (Form 1099-INT, Form 1099-DIV, Form 1099-B)
- Information about any other income or expenses to be included in your tax return, such as self-employment or higher education
- Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, if you purchased insurance through HealthCare.gov
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state for prior year returns, if applicable